3.27.2006

March Madness

I just got a short and entirely confusing tutorial by two co-workers about blogging. So, after I shoot myself, I'll have a few questions for you all.

I was going to create a blog talking about the Final Four and how one player in our 26-man NCAA pool has a national champion alive. Yep, 1-for-26 at The Daily Star. Nice stats, if you're talking about prison convictions. Fortunately, the one person is my 3-year-old son, who made it to the Elite Eight last year and vowed to forgo potty training until he won an NCAA pool. He's a boy of his word.

Unfortunately, the leader is 18 points ahead of him, meaning UCLA has to sweep to break the curse of the soiled diapers. Our leader had six of the Elite Eight, including George Mason. He said he picked George Mason because that's where it looked like an upset belonged and the Midwest is stronger than other regions in the U.S.

Seriously.

So, anyway, I didn't think creating a blog was the intention of this forum because it seems so permanent with formats and stuff. I haven't read past Sean's second e-mail, though, so this is basically another test run on the road to the World Wide Web, which used to be owned by Spider-Man.

Later

1 comment:

Sean Polay said...

Outstanding virgin blog post, Dean.

My 8-year-old son is in second place in my pool, and can only be passed by one other participant if UCLA completes the scenario you've outlined. Next year, I'm having my infant son point at the screen for my picks. I'm bound to do better.